I will spare you a bunch of not that fun details on this update. There are a TON of behind the scenes work that has to be done to any remodel of a house. Typically there is a huge backstory, I show you the picture of the before (yikes!) and the after (ahhh). Like POOF! it magically happened.
The things you don’t see on a simple little update like this one is:
- Finding an inspirational photo so I have a guide to go by.
- Going to the store, with my gracious brother who helps me most of the time, and him’ing and haw’ing over what size baseboard I want in the house. Do I want the shorter baseboard because it’s cheaper?? or do I want to the taller baseboard that is a bit more expensive?? Hmmm….what can I spluge on, where can I save.
- When I have FINALLY reached a decision, We load all the wood up and bring it home. It then sits in the garage until install date.
- Schedule the install for this, because sometimes time is not on my side, so another amazing dude does that for me.
- THEN it’s finally done. Just for baseboad.
So as you recall, new floors were just put in, but with that, I have to finish some detail work.
Ahhh so in love. Crisp, clean and homey feeling. I even painted my front door that dark gray color. It just worked.
Don’t mind that cat toy to the left. At least…I think it’s a cat toy. Anyway…notice the floor is complete and the door, but no molding.
El finieto! I made that up but it fits.
I’m very glad I got the taller baseboards. It looks awesome!